Monday, April 23

vimplugin works for windows!!

Yesterday I tried to install vimplugin on windows. I just got a blank black window in the editor place. So, I figured out the problem. The problem is with terminal emulator. I searched for java win32 terminal emulator since vim runs in CMD. There were no such emulators...

So, I got struck up there. Then I found that jta supports ansi, vt100, and some other types of terminal also.. I tried all of those by changing the terminal id in the program. But didn't work.

Today, when I am searching in vim help for something... I found an runtime argument "-T". Vim takes this arguments and gives output according to that type of terminal... Wow!! I got the solution. I added extra two arguments to the vim process in the code "-T","vt320" and tried it again. Yes, Its working.... But its not taking keystrokes... I told the same thing to Mr. Sebastian Menge (the vimplugin developer ) and he posted it in vimplugin-devel mailing list....


No comments: