The functionalities that I included are:
- We Can open multiple instances of vim
- We Can also open files in a single vim instance (as buffers) (this is default)
- If we close editor tab in eclipse, gvim automatically closes down.
- we do any changes in vim, IDE knows abt that and enables save,saveas options ( And also asks for saving when we close the ide editor)
- We can save changes from IDE.
- If we select an vim editor tab in eclipse then corresponding vim window will raise.If it is a buffer, the buffer will be showed.
- I almost completed key sequence triggering part by taking keyCommand from vim.That will be completed in a while.
What Needs to be done:
- Enabling KeyStroke support
- Showing compilation,syntax error messages ( possible if we use org.eclipse.ui.texteditor instead of EditorPart). But vim should provide an interface for this.
- Embedding the gvim inside eclipse ( but it is very difficult, i guess.. so far I didn't find any possible way for this.) If we didn't find a way, then instead of using gvim, we can continue with embedding terminal vim.(here also we follows the same protocol)
- Eliminating Bugs